San Diego, California (PRWEB)
May 18, 2009
Homeowners in the market for new money saving energy efficient heating and / or air conditioning systems now have even more incentives to go “green” with new federal tax credits and SDG&E rebates, and Mauzy Heating and Air is available to ensure that customers residing in San Diego and the surrounding communities across Southern California receive all available discounts and the most energy efficient system for their investment.
On February 17, 2009, President Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 – known as the “Stimulus Bill,” which made significant changes to energy efficiency tax credits. These credits are now applicable to products installed for use in 2009 and 2010, and the credit amount has increased from 10% to 30%, with a new maximum credit of $ 1,500 (down from the previous limit of $ 500) for qualifying systems that were installed in the taxpayer’s primary residence from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2010.
Brief Summary of Federal Tax Credits –
- New products must be “put into service” from January 1, 2009 to December 31, 2010;
- Must be for the main residence of the taxpayer EXCLUDING geothermal heat pumps, solar water heaters, solar panels and small wind turbines (where second homes and rentals are eligible);
- $ 1,500 is the maximum total amount that can be claimed for all products commissioned in 2009 & 2010 for most home improvement, EXCLUDING geothermal heat pumps, solar water heaters, solar panels, fuel cells and small wind turbines, which are not affected up to this limit and are in effect through 2016 ;
- Must have a manufacturer certification statement to qualify;
- Keep your receipts and the manufacturer’s certificate for documentation; and
- Improvements made in 2009 will be applied to your 2009 taxes (filed by April 15, 2010). Use IRS Tax Form 5695 (2009 version) – it will be available in late 2009 or early 2010.
In addition to federal tax credits, San Diego Gas & Electric offers up to $ 200 off qualified high-efficiency gas stoves. And for San Diego homeowners who want to go a step further to save energy and money, SDG&E is also offering a 15 cents per square foot discount on roof insulation – another service Mauzy Heating and Air offers customers that You want to save money on bills and be environmentally conscious with your energy consumption.
San Diego-based HVAC company Mauzy Heating and Air is known for pioneering the residential heating and air conditioning industry, and maintains that commitment to the San Diego and Southern California market by ensuring local homeowners take advantage of them Attention is drawn to cost savings discounts and federal tax credits. There has never been a better time to upgrade that old, energy-wasting heating and air conditioning system.
To get a free quote for installing a new energy efficient heating or air conditioning system in order to receive up to $ 1500 in federal tax credits in a timely manner, contact Mauzy Heating & Air, the San Diego heating and air conditioning company, the homeowner served throughout San Diego and Southern California.
Share articles on social media or via email: